Monday, May 23, 2011

                                                                  Dates

               

                   Dates are the fruits of date palm which is believed to have its origin in Middle

 East. People in Middle east and especially in the gulf countries eat dates every day; also,

 dates must be served for the guests with arabic coffee. Moreover, dates have a sweet taste

 that can be described as a mixture of honey and sugar syrup. In addition, people in Middle 

East use to eat dates because its recommended in Islam for its several benefits. Health

 benefits of dates are uncountable, as this fruit is wealthy in natural fibers. Dates are also a 

rich source of many vitamins and minerals. Dates contain oil, calcium, sulphur, iron, 

potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium which are beneficial for health.

 It is said that eating of one date daily is essential for a balanced and healthy diet. Dates aid

 in combating constipation, intestinal disorders, weight gain, heart problems, diarrhea and
 
abdominal cancer.







               Like other fruit, dates are a seasonal product, but people put it in the

 freezer so they can enjoy it year around.There are several kinds for dates, such as 

ajwaa, sukkry, burhi.... etc. In addition, dates can be eaten as a fresh or dried, but fresh date

 is more delicious and healthier than dry date. However, Saudi Arabia is the second

 largest producer of dates in the world. Saudi Arabian date fruit is well known for

 its deliciousness, and if the date is tasted once; a person will quickly become a

 date lover.





              On the other hand, dates have many uses; for example,  Dates are an

 important food for travelers in desert or in the mountains because they provide

 them with a complete nutritious meal Beside that, dates are easy to carry and no 

cooking is needed to prepare them for eating because dates are often eaten out-

of-hand. Also, dates can be used for cooking. They can be chopped and used in a

 range of sweet such as cakes and other dessert dishes and other savory dishes.

 Moreover, date palm leaves are used for making huts, mats, baskets, brooms,

 large hats, and fans.





Finally I hope that you enjoyed reading my post 



2 comments:

  1. Hello Abdulaziz.

    First I want to say that your article was very interesting and helpful for me.While I was reading your article I had a desire to eat dates. Mmm, dates are so wonderful and taste.

    I love very much this fruit, but I did not know about it healthier effects on human organism. You explain very well what kind of vitamins and chemical elements dates consist of. For example, many times when I had a problem with my stomach I ate dates and they help me. Right now I understood why dates helped me, because they have various good vitamins.

    I know from my best friend that in Heaven there is allow to grow up to only one tree.This tree is a palm. Consequently, in the Heaven exist dates, so dates are holly fruit. Every time when I try palm's fruits I imaging that I am in the Heaven and have an opportunity to eat those magic dates.

    For first time in USA I tried many meals made from dates. I did not know that from dates you can make jam, cake, or other special meals.
    Thank you very much for your nice article. Now every time when I eat dates I will remember you and your good article.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    This was a really nice article. Absolutely Date is an excellent fruit. I will be waiting for other good articles..
    Rukiye Dindarol

    ReplyDelete